Welcome/ Bem Vindos!

This blog was created for the purpose of including our family and friends who live from hundreds to thousands of miles away in the joyous updates of our family.

Esse blog for criado com o proposito de manter nossa familia e amigos que moram de centanas a milhares de kilometros de distancia atualizados dos alegres desenvolvimentos da nossa familia.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Wearing Daddy's Shoes: To My Husband on Father's Day




This message is intended for the my best friend, my one and only love, my children's father, my husband.

Love, I knew you would be a great husband soon after I met you. Your gentlemanly ways captured my heart from day 1. After all, how many other fifteen year-old boys out there cared enough to politely hold doors open for their mother and sister or carry their heavy loads even if it meant carrying their girly purse around all day? Not many! Seriously, you had me at "hello!" Over the last several years my hopes and expectations of what marriage could be were met and surpassed by you. I have yet to meet a more godly, caring, and self-sacrificing man. You are the head of our family and I have no doubt that, if there was ever a need, you would willing and gladly give up your life for me, for Zuri, or even for our unborn daughter. I just know you love us that much!

When it came to fatherhood, you were no different. To be sincere, before Zuri was born, I wasn't sure how you were going tackle this new task. Here you were, a grown married man, who had never even held a baby before in your life. However, over the last year, you taught me that past "baby holding experience" is no pre-requisite to being an awesome father. 

Zuri just turned one about 3 weeks ago and he can't vocalize his thoughts and feelings yet but if he could I am sure that today he would tell you again how much he loves you. You may ask me how I know that, and I will tell you how...I can see it.

I can see it in the way he jumps up and runs to the door everytime he hears (or thinks he hears) the garage door opening because he knows it is you who has arrived.
I can see it in the way he carries your shoes and socks all around the house to hand them to you wherever you are.
I can see it in his eyes when he accomplishes something he thinks important (i.e. putting the lid on the Tupperware container he is playing with or when he was finally able to balance one foam block on top of another) and he looks at you to make sure you saw it.
I can see it in his happy and excited expressions when you walk through his bedroom door early every morning and, despite whatever little sleep you may have had, you cheerfully greet him good morning.
I can see it in the way he looks at the door every time I mention the word "papai", as if he was hoping he would hear the garage door at that moment.
I can see it in the way he copies everything you do even when you are not home, from the way you work out to the way you so lovingly kiss me on the cheek. 
I can see it in the way he loves wearing your hats and tries so hard to put on your flip flops and shoes. 





The boy loves you! I know he can't say it yet but I will. YOU ARE A GREAT FATHER!

I knew you became excited about being a daddy as soon as we found out we were expecting and you had already started a fatherhood board on Pinterest. You cherished every kick and punch you could feel and repeatedly mentioned that you wished you could carry the baby too. 
Zuri knew the comfort of your arms before he knew mine. He heard your calming and soothing voice before he ever met me. I deeply admire your never-ending patience and gentle touch. And that was just the beginning...

So today, for Z and our unborn princess, I want to wish you a very happy father's day! We are incredibly blessed to have you!

My joy is to spend my life next to such a great man!



Love you more than life,

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment