Welcome/ Bem Vindos!

This blog was created for the purpose of including our family and friends who live from hundreds to thousands of miles away in the joyous updates of our family.

Esse blog for criado com o proposito de manter nossa familia e amigos que moram de centanas a milhares de kilometros de distancia atualizados dos alegres desenvolvimentos da nossa familia.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wall Art DIY


Let me start by saying I love Pinterest!! I do not consider myself a creative person so much as an easily inspired one...when i see something i like I just cannot contain myself. This idea is one of those. I had seen it on Pinterest and was just waiting for the perfect picture to make it work. For this, I need to add here a special word of thanks to Paula Perestrelo for the amazing job she did. I think the best part about this project is that, it not only looked amazing, to me at least, but that it cost less than $10 to make!!! We wil definitely be doing this again...maybe change the picture every few months. the possibilities are endless.

Here are the step-by step instructions of how we put it together.

1. pick a picture you love
2. download a free software called PosteRazor from http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=about&lang=english for free!!!! This is the secret of it all...this program will take your picture and print it to a pdf file with multiple pages...you can choose how big you want it
3. print the picture...we had it printed at Office Max on regular 8.5 X 11 paper for 10c/sheet...thinking back on it, we could probably have printed on their thickest cardstock paper for a little bit more money and skipped the next step (next time...)
4. buy foam sheets and cut them to size (they usually come in 9X11).. these were on sale at Michaels for $4...a package of 40 and we used the paper cutter at Office max for free to cut them to the size we wanted. I wish we could have found a package of them all in the same color..maybe black or white...all we could find was the assorted colors bag...maybe if I searched online.


5. modge podge paper to foam...make sure to cover the entire surface of the foam with the modge podge or you WILL get bubbles...I learned the hard way. I also tried modge podge on top of the picture but i did not like the glossy look so I only did a few of the side panels (which I will be replacing soon). The personally liked the non-shiny look better for this picture (it also made my life so much easier).

6. Assemble your picture on the floor or a table...so you can put it up right
7. we used pre-cut foam mounting tape from michaels on the 4 courners of the back of the foam
8.pick a wall and put it up!! We used a piece of yarn and tape to start, then we used a book to make sure the spacing was consistent.





9. we left a few panels out on purpose...be creative!
10. enjoy!!!


2 comments: